It seemed like a good idea at the time. But, that time has passed. Now it’s time to detox and get your weekend fun behind you. Try these three simple and safe detoxification tips to increase your energy levels.
Why should you do a detox?
Just like you do deep cleaning of your home a few times a year, proper detox practices allow for gentle “cleaning” of your organs for optimal functioning and wellness. Some common symptoms that often improve with the correct form of detoxification include allergies, fatigue, headaches, brain fog, and digestive distress.
“You should feel good and energized when doing a detoxification cleanse,” says Naturopathic Doctor Sara Gomendi. “If you are experiencing headaches, fatigue, or diarrhea during your detox, then the program you are utilizing is likely not the most beneficial for you.”
3 simple tips regularly to gently detox
- Drink more water: Aim for 60-80 ounces of water per day, with at least 12 ounces first thing in the morning. This is often the most vital piece of detoxification!
- Get moving: Exercise supports detoxification by mobilizing toxins from our tissues so they can be excreted.
- Heat up enough to sweat for 10-15 minutes per day. You can do this through exercise, saunas, or hot baths. Sweating is a great way for your body to excrete toxins.
Let Sara help you detox safely
Interested in trying a safe and effective 14-day guided detoxification? Our Dr. Sara Gomendi can help. Click to call for your appointment.. Get the help you need, including these tools from Sara—all included with your visit:
- Food Guide (What to enjoy and what to avoid)
- Detoxification Tips to feel fabulous through the detox
- Recipes and sample daily menus
- Information on supplements for added detoxification benefits